Pediatric Optometry Services in Parker, CO
One in every five children has a vision problem that no one recognizes — therefore, having regular eye checkups for your children is important. Dr. Kalynn Good of Good iSight Optometry and Vision Therapy is a developmental optometrist and enjoys seeing children of all ages for their eye exams. . Dr. Good and her team use their expertise and the latest optometry technology to examine children’s eye and visual deficits in Parker, CO.
Visual Therapy Services that Unlock Your Vision Potential
Book Your Appointment Today
What is Pediatric Optometry?
Pediatric optometry is a branch of optometry that specializes in the examination and testing of children’s vision to determine existing vision problems. A pediatric optometrist is a doctor of optometry who received additional training to examine pediatric patients. . They can administer eye examinations, diagnose vision conditions, prescribe treatment and as well as medications. Dr. Good also provides vision therapy for children with developing vision problems.
How is a Pediatric Eye Exam Conducted?
Pediatric optometrists are trained to handle children of any age. Once the child is comfortable, the pediatric optometrist conducts an eye examination that determines nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, strabismus, amblyopia, and ocular health. The optometrist can also examine your eye movements and eye alignment.t. Your children need regular checkups to detect and treat developing eye problems that could affect their vision in the future.
What Should Parents Pay Close Attention to?
Changes in children’s behavior could mean they are having problems with their vision, so it may be time to consult a pediatric optometrist if your child is exhibiting any of the following signs:
- Avoiding Reading: If your child avoids reading or struggles taking in information from reading or other visual methods, this avoidance could indicate a vision problem.
- Eyestrain: If your child squints to view content or images displayed on the screen or complaints of their eyes or head feeling tired when on screens, this could indicate a vision problem and require an eye examination.
- Blurry Vision/Double Vision: If your child is complaining about blurry vision or seeing double, it is important to rule out visual conditions causing these symptoms.
- Skipping and Losing Their Place While Reading: Sometimes, children have trouble visually tracking objects at a close range or distance – like the ability to follow objects in motion. This can cause trouble with reading or even excelling in sports.
- Excessive Blinking: Excessive blinking could be caused by eye irritation or blurry vision.
- Headaches: Frequent headaches can also indicate a vision issue.
Schedule a Pediatric Eye Exam with Good iSight Optometry and Vision Therapy
If your child has showcased signs of a possible vision problem recently, it may be the right time to schedule an appointment with an experienced optometrist. Entrusting the team at Good iSight Optometry and Vision Therapy to take care of your child’s visual health guarantees you the best services in Colorado.